Caring for each other
1. What are you thankful for this week?
2. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
3. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
4. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
5. What needs did you meet in the community last week?
DiscoverAsk someone to read the passage one paragraph at a time.
16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
20 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
6. What does this passage tell us about God?
7. What does this passage tell us about people?
8. If this passage is true, what behaviour should we change this week?
9. Who will you tell this story to this week?
10. What needs can we meet in the community this week?
11. When do you want to meet again?