Caring for each other
1. What are you thankful for this week?
2. What are you struggling with and how can we help?
3. How did you put into practice the scripture/story we studied last time we met?
4. Who did you share last week's lesson with and how did it go?
5. What needs did you meet in the community last week?
DiscoverAsk someone to read the passage one paragraph at a time.
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
6. What does this passage tell us about God?
7. What does this passage tell us about people?
8. If this passage is true, what behaviour should we change this week?
9. Who will you tell this story to this week?
10. What needs can we meet in the community this week?
11. When do you want to meet again?